The award recognises projects as well as smaller procurement offices in Romania that have carried out outstanding green public procurement projects.
The EU GPP Award is open to municipalities and public institutions that are bound to procurement directives.
- up to 10,000 inhabitants
- 10,000 to 100,000 inhabitants
- more than 100,000 inhabitants
- New CO2 emissions as compared to emissions before the investment (measurable result per year)
- CO2 savings as compared to money spent (measurable result per year)
- Environmental Performance
- Social responsibility
Members of the jury are:
- President of the TERRA Mileniul III organization– Lavinia Andrei
- Senior Engineer of ICEMENERG – National Institute for Research and Development in Energy – Nicolae Simion
- Manager of the Unit for Public Policy, Planning and Strategy of the Ministry of Environment, Waters and Forests – Andrei Banu
April 2016, location TBD