The award recognises projects as well as smaller procurement offices in Poland that have carried out outstanding green public procurement projects.
The EU GPP Award is open to municipalities and public institutions that are bound to procurement directives.
The GPP projects should be completed at the time of the application. In the case of construction projects, tenders that have been both awarded and the contracts signed and for which construction has already begun or is in preparation will be accepted. If the project is not finished yet, the impacts will be calculated on the basis of the winning contractor’s offer.
- up to 10,000 inhabitants
- 10,000 to 100,000 inhabitants
- more than 100,000 inhabitants
- New CO2 emissions as compared to emissions before the investment (measurable result per year)
- CO2 savings as compared to money spent (measurable result per year)
- Environmental Performance
- Social responsibility
Members of the jury are:
- President of the Baltic Energy Conservation Agency – Edmund Wach
- President of the Association “Energy and environment conservation” SAPE-Poland – Andrzej Rajkiewicz
- Director of the Association of Municipalities Polish Network “Energie Cités” (PNEC) – Anna Jaskuła
- Head of the Development Committee of the Association of Lighting Equipment Producers “Pol-Lighting” – Bogdan Ślęk
The awards will be presented during ceremonies organized in each of the winner municipalities.