29 February 2016
The Bulgarian GPP Award is open to municipalities and public institutions that are bound to procurement directives.
The GPP projects should be completed at the time of the application, lead to CO2 savings and be related to energy efficiency. In the case of construction projects, tenders that have been both awarded and the contracts signed and for which construction has already begun or is in preparation will be accepted. If the project is not finished yet, the impacts will be calculated on the basis of the winning contractor’s offer. The CO2 savings in renovation/reconstruction of buildings/elements of buildings/installations in buildings or street lighting are calculated on the basis of the previous emissions/energy consumption, while the new procurements are calculated on the basis of a standard product. We are happy to help you with the calculation of CO2 emissions.
Prizes are given in three categories. Municipalities with
- up to 10000 inhabitants
- 10,000 to 100,000 inhabitants
- more than 100,000 inhabitants
Public institutions will be in the category of the municipality they belong to.
The following eligibility criteria will be applied by the jury:
- New CO2 emissions as compared to emissions before the investment or as compared to emissions of a standard product (measurable result per year)
- CO2 savings as compared to money spent (measurable result per year)
- The central idea or approach should have the potential for replicability by others in the procurement or tendering field and stand as a learning opportunity.
- A high degree of innovation, either operationally or in terms of policy, should be demonstrated factor as compared to the country’s current standard.
- Environmental Performance. The engagement of the municipality or institution in terms of energy efficiency will be assessed.
- Social responsibility. Basic social criteria, as stated in “Buying Social – A Guide to Taking Account of Social Considerations in Public Procurement” by DG Employment, are taken into account.
- Mrs Ivanka Pandelieva, member of the board of the Association of Bulgarian Energy Agencies
- Mrs Zlatka Nikolova, Executive Director of the Association of Rhodope Municipalities
- Mrs Evelina Stoykova, Manager of Sofia Energy Centre
The Award Ceremony will be held in the Town of Smolyan in May 2016. The ceremony is organised with the support of the municipality of Smolyan.