Bulgaria: Improvement of energy efficiency of schools
Implementation of measures for improvement of the energy efficiency of seven schools on the territory of the city of Ruse
The municipality of Ruse is located in North-East Bulgaria. On the North it borders with the Danube River which is also a state border with Romania. The municipality Ruse is part of the region Ruse and includes 14 settlements with a total of 167,585 inhabitants.
The municipality covers a territory of 570, 62 m².
Existing situation before the implementation of the project:
- Breached hygiene requirements as a result of deteriored facades and roofs’coverings
- Bad working conditions for the staff and lowered quality of the eteaching process
The project aims at:
- Decrease the energy consumption and the related CO2 emmissions
- To improve the educational infrastructure
- To creates new jobs at execution of the works
In the frame of the project were implemented the following ;easures for improvement of the energy efficiency of the buildings:
- Improvement of the thermal insulation f facades
- Improvement of the thermal nsulation of the roofs
- Change of windows with energy efficient ones
- Improvement of heating installations
- Annual energy savings 2,676.35 MWh/year.
- Annual CO2 emmissions savings 1,158.51 t CO2/year.
- Investments costs 2,281,925 BGN/ 1,166,730 EUR
This project is a good example how measures for energy efficiency can lead not only to energy savings, costs benefits and decrease of harmful emmissions, but also to:
- Improvement of the quality of life – improved infrastructure of 36,603 m²;
- Job creation – 104 jobs;
- Benefits for many people – 4,024 students;
- Improvement of the quality of education.