About the Project
The main objective of ProcA is the promotion of green public procurement (GPP) among public authorities. The project primarily focusses on signatories of the Covenant of Mayors (CoM) addressing GPP in their Sustainable Energy Action Plans (SEAP). Furthermore, local authorities that are on the brink of becoming CoM signatory or have other voluntary targets for enhancing energy efficiency or reducing CO2 emissions may also qualify for receiving support in ProcA.
The main elements of ProcA to promote GPP are:
- GPP information points in the seven participating countries, providing assistance and instructions on how to start and maintain GPP
- More than 100 institutional free-of-cost GPP trainings or networking events for procurers
- At least 42 GPP lighthouse projects in municipalities or other public sector offices
- Elaboration of a GPP best practice database
- Organization of national GPP awards
- Organization of European GPP award.
ProcA will collaborate with national and international network partners of the public sector, for example the Covenant of Mayors Office, communal/city networks or associations, and also e-procurement platforms.
ProcA is supported through the European Commission’s Intelligent Energy Europe (IEE) program. It runs from March 2014 until August 2016.
ProcA builds upon the results of the precursor project Buy Smart Plus, which was also supported by the European Commission’s IEE program.