Sustainable Catering Forum in Ghent – 09.06.2016, Ghent, Belgium
… a public procurer tendering for food or catering services?
… a local or regional government representative responsible for your city/region’s strategic development?
… a caterer, producer or supplier of an eco-innovative solution in the catering sector?
We invite you to join us for the Sustainable Catering Forum – an event that will bring together a mix of learners, thinkers and doers working in the field of sustainable public procurement from all over Europe.
The aim is to learn from each other, exchange experience and build new alliances for the changes needed if we want to respond to the environmental, economic and social challenges that our city-region food systems face. Guidance and experiences gathered over the last three years from the European INNOCAT project, on purchasing eco-innovative catering and food will be on show through our interactive one-day programme.
Starting with practical experience coming from a diverse group of European cities, we will address how public procurement can be used as a strategic tool for:
- Transforming school food services to healthier and more climate-friendly alternatives
- Minimising the environmental impact of hospital catering services
- Decarbonising vending machines available in universities
- Reducing food waste and packaging
- Facilitating market access for SMEs and small suppliers
Join us in Ghent for:
- Information on… the latest EU policy developments on sustainable food and catering
- Discussions about… new approaches to sustainable procurement of catering services
- Information on… new and emerging technologies in the catering sector
- Training on… eco-innovative procurement, including market engagement and circular procurement
Participation is free of charge and limited funds are available to cover some expenses (enquire with the organisers).
Registration will open in a few days!
INNOCAT – about the project
INNOCAT aims to bring together a group of public and private buyers to publish a series of tenders for eco-innovative catering products, services and solutions. The aim is to help encourage eco-innovation in the catering sector by providing a sizeable launch market for new solutions.