The award has been established in a special dedicated section of the CompraVerde-BuyGreen Forum and is specifically targeted to the cities, towns and villages which implemented GPP measures by means of a SEAP (Sustainable Energy Action Plan).
The awarding criteria are the following:
- Inclusion of GPP actions in the SEAP;
- Integration between GPP policies and SEAP;
- Actual implementation of the GPP actions described in the SEAP (proven through stakeholders involvement, formal political commitments, resolutions, monitoring activities, issued and awarded tenders, objectively achieved results, etc);
- Life cycle costing approach to calculate budget and final balance costs;
- For the domains regulated by the Criteri Ambientali Minimi (Minimum Environmental Criteria) of the National Action Plan for GPP, an extra score bonus will be given to measures and criteria providing a higher degree of efficiency, savings or technical and technological progress.
The period granted for the submission of the award applications was rather short spanning from 23rd July 2015 to 08th September 2015. This limited time period caused a reduction in the number of submissions due to the coincidence with a holiday period (August is a holiday period in Italy) in which the majority of the administrations works at reduced capacity.
The administrations that presented an application were:
- The city of Turin
- The Metropolitan area of Turin
- The University of Trento
- The village of Aradeo
- The village of Collepasso
- The village of Melpignano
- The village of Salve
The city of Milan and Rome (Metropolitanean area) expressed their interest in participating but the application was not finalized.
The jury was made of a scientific committee composed of five representatives of the GPPnet working group fueled by the Agenda 21 network, a representative of the Ministry of the Environment. The committee was technically supported by Consip and ENEA.
The Green ProcA Award ceremony was coincident with the CompraVerde-BuyGreen Forum awarding and took place on the final day of the Forum event on 2nd October 2015 in Rome at Casa dell’Architettura.
Award winning projects
CITY of TURIN Ex-aequo winner Special section GreenProca Award (category: large Public Administrations and other public bodies)
METROPOLITAN AREA of TURIN Ex-aequo winner Special section GreenProca Award (category: large Public Administrations and other public bodies)
VILLAGE of SALVE Ex-aequo winner Special section GreenProca Award (category: small and medium Public Administrations and other public bodies)
VILLAGE of MELPIGNANO Ex-aequo winner Special section GreenProca Award (category: small and medium Public Administrations and other public bodies)