1 Nov 2015 – 31 Jan 2016
- up to 10,000 inhabitants
- 10,000 to 100,000 inhabitants
- more than 100,000 inhabitants
- New CO2 emissions as compared to emissions before the investment or as compared to emissions of a standard product (measurable result per year)
- CO2 savings as compared to money spent (measurable result per year)
- Transferability. The central idea or approach should have the potential for replicability by others in the procurement or tendering field and stand as a learning opportunity.
- Innovation. A high degree of innovation, either operationally or in terms of policy, should be demonstrated factor as compared to the country’s current standard.
- Environmental Performance. The engagement of the municipality or institution in terms of energy efficiency will be assessed.
- Social responsibility. Basic social criteria, as stated in “Buying Social – A Guide to Taking Account of Social Considerations in Public Procurement” by DG Employment, are taken into account.
14 applications have been handed in for the German GPP Award with combined CO2 emission savings of 402,215.97 t/year.
The German GPP Award will be awarded during the symposium „Durch Energieeffizienz zur nachhaltigen Kommune“ on 1 June 2016 in Bonn, Beschaffungsamt des Bundesministerium des Inneren (Procurement office of the German Federal Ministry of the Interior).
Partners are the „Kompetenzstelle für nachhaltige Beschaffung” (KNB – Competence Center for Sustainable Procurement), the „Kompetenzzentrum Innovative Beschaffung (KOINNO)“. And in cooperation with the German Association of Cities and Towns.