Entries must meet a number of eligibility criteria:
- New CO2 emissions as compared to emissions before the investment (measurable result per year)
- CO2 savings as compared to money spent (measurable result per year)
- The central idea or approach should have the potential for replicability by others in the procurement or tendering field and stand as a learning opportunity.
- A high degree of innovation, either operationally or in terms of policy, should be demonstrated factor as compared to the country’s current standard.
- Environmental Performance. The engagement of the municipality or institution in terms of energy efficiency will be assessed.
- Social responsibility. Basic social criteria, as stated in “Buying Social – A Guide to Taking Account of Social Considerations in Public Procurement” by DG Employment, should be met.
After the closing date, all valid submissions will be judged by an independent jury, which will select three finalists in each of three categories. These finalists will be published on the Green ProcA award website and the winners determined via online voting.